¥ 12,000,000 ~ ¥ 15,000,000
PPS/Retail Business Head @ Global IPP & Energy Tech Innovator
Our client is an investor, developer, manager and operator of renewable energy plants in solar, storage, biomass and wind - as well as IoT and digital technologies. They develop their own projects, and are also active on M&A in the secondary market. For 2021, their Japan business is evolving to move into the retail area, and are now seeking to hire a PPS manager to develop this new business area.
- Well capitalised global player with diverse asset portfolio across utility-scale and C&I level assets
- Expanding their business areas and diversifying - stable company with good growth potential
- Mature, stable team with a blend of Japanese and non-Japanese leadership
- Central Tokyo office in prime location
- Initial role will be focused on creation of PPS business scheme and strategy; application for business licence, set up of contracts and delivery to end user, negotiations with utilities, METI, grid companies, and become JEPX member.
- Following this, looking at developing PV+ESS, smart-grid solutions, smart-transformer options as well.
- Looking at storage and smart-grid solutions as well. Testing smart-transformer in global markets now and looking at bringing this to Japan as well.
- Due to this, they are seeking someone who has experience with business development mind. Candidate needs to be able to look at new tech/solutions - create value-added business schemes for market, and practical knowledge and ability to work through regulatory challenges.
I think this is a great opportunity for an experienced professional in retail energy business to start up new business with support of a strong, global player.